Integral Molding Concept
What is Integral Molding
- Bulk Cable ends are stripped, individual electrical contacts are attached to wires.
- Cable end with contacts attached is placed inside proprietary mold tooling system.
- Hot plastic is injected into tool by unique high-speed molding equipment.
- Finished connector comes out of tool ready to use. Created directly around cable, contacts and shell.
- A conventional connector is not used or attached to cable. Instead we form the connector body around the cable and pins, by unique molding processes.
Why Integral Molding is better:
- Professional custom-made appearance.
- More compact, light-weight.
- Highly reliable molded construction.
- Cable assemblies are supplied ready to use.
- Permits a wide choice of custom connector shapes.
- Permits large cost savings due to high-production techniques.
Unique Advantages to Purchasing
- No connectors to buy and stock.
- No bulk cable to buy and stock.
- In-house assembly and soldering people not required; Training unnecessary.
- Cable assemblies arrive complete-ready to use.
- Shipments scheduled to meet your needs, minimizing your inventory.
- You deal direct with the original manufacturer of both cable and connector.
- No odd hardware and connector accessories to buy and stock.
- Very low cost compared to conventional construction.
Unique Advantages to Engineering
- Highly reliable due to embedded construction of connector, and wires.
- No failures due to shorts. Molded insulation is excellent dielectric material.
- Molded insulation provides a distributed strain-relief to all wires and the cable jackets, minimizing failure due to axial strain on cable.
- Consistent low capacitance between circuits.
- Connector body outer surfaces are resilient, crack-proof, dent-resistant.
- Connector pins cannot "pull back" or move due to cable tensions.
Unique Advantages to Designers
- Permits unlimited choice of custom connector shapes for special applications.
- Molding allows certain shapes which cannot be obtained in metal connectors.
- Permits wide choice of colors for connector and cable.
- Molding allows use of plastic or metal inserts, clips, threaded nuts and other embedded materials not available in standard connectors.
Unique Advantages to Marketing
- Molded connectors have a custom professional appearance.
- Molded connectors and cable can be color-matched to the equipment.
- Molded connectors cannot tarnish. Always glossy, neat appearing.
- Your company name, trademarks or part number may be a permanent part of the connector surface.
- Pricing advantages due to low cost of molded cables.
Unique Advantages to Product Managers
- In-house assembly and soldering personnel not required.
- Inventory of cable & connectors not required.
- Assembly personnel training not required.
- Plant floor-space for assembly operation is free for other uses.
- No investment in high-production cable-terminating equipment.
- A single source is responsible for delivery of cable, connectors and effort to provide the finished item, permitting a unified control to meet your schedules.
Unique Advantages for Quality Control
- A single source is responsible for connectors, bulk cable, assembly and molding.
- Separate inspections of connectors, cable, soldering are avoided.
- Cable assembly arrives as a single unit; ready for acceptance.
- Inspection labor time is a minimum.